Friday, March 30, 2012

Five Minutes Apart




When Lightning Struck Twice in 2009


It's rare that two very, very similar sports sequences happen in front of me,
 [5 minutes apart, to add to that] as far as volleyball is concerned.  But that is exactly what happened to me way back May 5 of 2009.  Luckily, had my 35mm Nikkor manual focus  wide-lens attached to my D-60 and was quick enough to capture those moments [even w/ the shutter in single frame, mode]

  May 5, 2009 -5:48 p.m.


May 5, 2009 - 5:53 p.m.

These were taken during the Shakey's V-League Season 6 Volleyball Tournament [with the FEU Lady Tams playing against another team - which I can't remember].  The photos show Tamaraw libero Mary Ann Tagasas saving the ball.  [I'm not even sure I got her name right].

Remember the other definition of luck - when preparation meets opportunity. Well, one simply just has to be prepared all the time.  [Easier said than done]

Through the years, I've been able to hone my volleyball shooting skills -
but I still do make a lot of errors.  I've learned to appreciate the game more, 
and been a lot, lot better at shooting the said sport. Now, that I've invested on higher-end Canon DSLR cameras it's still difficult to get great volleyball action shots - but when I get them, they're even Greater.  And it  still helps to be "lucky", Right ??


Fast forward to the Shakey's V-league Season 8 - 
where I get another great save, [and photo],
 this time, of Fille Cainglet, Captain of the Ateneo Lady Eagles.


 April 10, 2011 - 5:36 p.m.
- Fille Goes Full Horizontal - 

[The pictures above and below are cropped images, taken w/ the same 
35mm Nikkor wide lens used in the 2 Tagasas photos -- 
The uncropped images are actually vertically oriented]


 Cainglet failed to complete the save, and a point was given to Lyceum.
Ateneo, though,  eventually won the Championship a month later.





I hear the Shakey's V-League Season 9 - commences this April 15.  
 Am Good To Go.


brosi gonzales

No comments:

Post a Comment