Monday, December 19, 2011

Random 101



Plucking Images [and memories]
At Random From My Hard Drives

Why Not ?



  
- Ready Or Not, Here I Come -
I photographed a football match between Arirang [a Korean team] 
and Army at the Ateneo High School Field sometime late 2008.


 

- Badminton at the Mall -
Shooting badminton for the first time, ever, I positioned myself several floors 
above the Mega Mall Atrium to compose this photo.
[Summer, 2008]



- Green Day -
The FEU Tamaraws won the 2010 UAAP Football Crown on March of that year.
I waited for the right moment for the FEU banner to unfurl, 
against the green backdrop of the acacia trees - then clicked.



- Finesse Move -
Rachel Anne Daquis of the then Defending Champions FEU Lady Tamaraws
tries to outsmart Lady Archer Stephanie Mercado [back turned]
during the UAAP Ladies' Volley Finals last Marchof 2009. 
The Archers lost Game #1 but won Games #2 , and #3 
to dethrone the Lady Tamaraws.



- I'm Back -
 James Martinez drives against Golden Stag Ian Sangalang during a 
2010 Fil-Oil Pre-Season Basketball League match [at the Arena in San Juan].

James Martinez had to miss the entire UAAP Men's Basketball Tournament a year before [2009] due to an ACL injury.  The Blue Eagles {led by the likes of Rabeh Al-Husseini, Nonoy Baclao, and Jai Reyes} successfully defended their 2008 Crown [to achieve a repeat] against the challenge mounted by the Red Warriors {led by Elmer Espiritu, Paul Lee, Ivan Acuna, and Paul Zamar}.  If Martinez were 100% healthy at that period and did play, maybe, things could have turned out differently - Guess we'll never know.

[Remember that UE beat Ateneo by 20 points in Game 2 of that Best-of-Three]



- Agatha -
I took this wide-angle shot [hence the distortion of the shoulders]
inside a Journalism 101 Class at the Ateneo sometime early 2011.



- Gabe, Rayo, and Pio -
These are the"Village Idiots" er, I mean,
my pals from South Bay Gardens, Sucat, where I stay.
 Kidding aside ->Gabe is now a HSchool senior at DLS Greenhills,
Rayo- I don't know where he studies,
Pio [who lives just 2 houses away] is now enrolled at UST, taking PT.
Took this snap during the Holidays sometime December of last year.
I do miss playing basketball with Gabe and Pio - Yup, those were the days -
Now, everybody's just too busy.





- Gotcha !-
This one of a few UAAP softball photos I took at the UST Field
in the early part of 2010. UST dethroned Adamson in February of that year.



- Tune Up -
Sam Bo-ot of the Ateneo Lady Eagles tries to cross the mid-court line
during a [May, 2011] tune-up match against the RP Ladies Team
at the Moro Lorenzo Gym in Ateneo.
The RP Team beat the Lady Eagles by a wide margin.
[That's Cassy Tioseco {#13} on the left]



- Kamiko, from Korea -
I used a cotton backdrop and studio lighting to craft this portrait.
She is the neice of an American friend of mine, Beth M,
from Dasma, Makati, where we had the shoot.  Years ago, Kamiko visited Manila and I had the pleasure of dating her a couple of times.
She's back in the US of A now. 
[She is a classical violinist, a damn good one]

[BTW, I used FUJI 35mm Color Negative Film for this photo
had a print done, then scanned it]



- Black On Black -
This is from an 4-5 hours long photo shoot where I used
35mm KODAK Tri-X Black & White Film AND 35mm FUJI Color Negative Film.
[The photo above was taken with color film]
It was shot on the front doorway entrance of a house in Magallanes, Makati.
I had my friend wear an all-black blouse and used available light.

She is the same girl featured in MY FIRST EVER POST in this blog [albeit a different photo from the same photo shoot], when I started it last June 13. The title of the post is "God's Light". She came out in another entry too, titled "The One" - and BOTH posts Black & White portraits of the same girl were used.


Fact is the, the B & W portrait featured in the FIRST posting won me an award in a Canon Asia Photo Competition.-- Years Ago.

- So much for memories -

brosi gonzales


No comments:

Post a Comment