Monday, October 3, 2011

UAAP Basketball To Move To MOA



 
October 1, Saturday

 
If The Plexiglass Could Only Talk




After several years [a decade +?] having the Araneta Coliseum as home,the UAAP Basketball Games is set to move over to MOA's [spanking new] Arena next SY 2012-2013 - UAAP's Season 75.

I started covering UAAP Sports last Jan., 2009 [UAAP Football] and have eventually shot UAAP Volleyball, Beach Volleyball, Softball, Fencing, and Table Tennis, Taekwando, and Basketball [spread across venues like the Araneta, the Arena in San Juan, the Philsports Arena, the Ateneo Football Fields, the Blue Eagle Gym, and the UP Softball Field] since.  Being witness to the Blue Eagles' 3-Peat and 4-peat Basketball Championships was really something, considering I was present in all the game dates [except for 1] - doing what I do best -
taking photos -- and making acquiantances, friends, and memories along the way.

My 2 UAAP Basketball Seasons in Araneta, were relatively short, but I knew that I would miss the ever so colorful UAAP crowd in the Araneta Coliseum setting.

So, before proceeding to the dugouts, [after the last Ateneo players trickled out after the 4-peat frenzy] I took a photo of the South Goal, with a strand or two of the nylon net hanging and a REFLECTION of the small crowd on the backboard, and the 24 second clock [off] on top.

 [I knew I'd be back the next day to shoot the PBA, but I knew it would be a totally different crowd  -- and chapter of my career]





--- Reflections On Plexiglass ---


Gotta Move On

brosi gonzales

No comments:

Post a Comment